from Clavicula Salomonis. Book II, Chapter XIX
In many experiments it is necessary to use certain tools, such as a needle for inscribing letters or characters [sewing or pricking], or other needs. It should be prepared starting on the day and hour of Jupiter, making the needle, or other instrument, and not finished in that hour, but in the day and hour of Venus. And afterwards when finished, say over it this conjuration:
I conjure thee, O [Instrument] of [Material], by God the Father almighty, by the virtue of the heavens, of the stars, and of the angels who preside over them; by the virtue of stones, herbs, and animals; by the virtue of hail, snow, and wind; that thou receivest such virtue that thou mayest obtain without deceit the end which I desire in all things where I shall use thee; through God the creator of the ages, and emperor of the angels. Amen.
Afterwards repeat these Psalms:
- [Ps3=KJV3] Domine quid multiplicati sunt (Lord, how are they increased that trouble me)
- [Ps7=KJV7] Domine Deus meus in te speravi (O Lord my God, in thee do I put my trust)
- [Ps9=KJV9+KJV10] Confitebor tibi Domine in toto corde meo (I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart)5
- [Ps41=KJV42] Quemadmodum desiderat Cervus ad (As the hart panteth after the water brooks)
- [Ps59=KJV60] Deus reppulisti nos et destruxisti nos (O God, thou hast cast us off, thou hast scattered us)
- [Ps50=KJV51] Miserere mei Deus secundum magnam (Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness)
- [Ps129=KJV130] De profundis clamavi ad te Domine (Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O Lord)
Perfume it with the perfumes of the art, and sprinkle it with exorcised water, wrap it in silk and say:
DANI, LUMECH, AGALMATUROD, GEDIEL, PANI, CANELOAS, MEROD, LAMIDOC, BALDOC, ANERETON, METRATON, TUANCIA, COMPENDON, LAMEDON, CEDRION, ON, MYTRION, ANTON, SYON, SPISSON, LUPRATON, GION, GIMON, GERSON, AGLA, AGLAY, AGLAOD, AGLADIAMERON, angels most holy, be present for a guard unto this instrument.